As far as I know, the cast (most likely just Dylan, Kaya, and Will) will be in Philadelphia for the Q102 contest for a Q&A with the radio station on Sept. 2. Then they will be flying to Toronto later that day to attend the advanced screening for Ryerson students, where they will also be doing a Q&A. And the last one that I know they will be attending is the advanced screening in Chicago on Sept. 3 (Freebie contest.)
The dates I reblogged below are the only ones I know of. I don’t think the cast is going to visit Malaysia, I think it’s only an advanced screening. If they were it would probably be advertised in the contests.
Join us for a sneak peek of clips from one of the fall’s most anticipated films, based upon the best-selling novel by James Dashner. Stars Dylan O’Brien (Thomas) and Jacob Latimore (Jeff), along with author James Dashner, chat about adapting the book into film and its…
As we’re getting close to the movie, we’ll have more events. We’ll update this post everytime some new event is announced, so don’t forget to check this post daily.
Q&A with James Dashner and Krista Marino [COMPLETE]
Submit your questions here. Questions will be answered live from 2-3pm…
They were already in California, Los Angeles for a screening on the 22nd of August. But who knows, maybe there will be an official premiere there too. I’ll post something if I find more information about it.
September 3 - Washington, DC: CONTEST
September 3 - Altamonte Springs, FL: CONTEST
September 3 - Tampa, FL: CONTEST
September 3 - Mesa, AZ: CONTEST
September 3 - Davie, FL: CONTEST
September 8 - Birmingham, AL: CONTEST
September 8 - Live Oak, TX: CONTEST
September 8 - Raleigh, NC: CONTEST
September 8 - Tigard, OR: CONTEST
September 8 - Greenville: CONTEST
September 8 - New York, NY: CONTEST
Teen had the opportunity to visit the set of The Maze Runner, where they interviewed Kaya Scodelario.
Here are all the questions related to ‘The Maze Runner’:
Being the only girl in the film, what was it like the first time you got on set?
Terrifying. Absolutely terrifying. Not only is it my first big American film, but it’s a full cast of boys, so I was like, ‘Oh, I’m gonna be the girl. I’m gonna be all emotional and they’re gonna hate me. And I’m gonna complain about the bugs, and they’re gonna think I’m stupid’ and all these things, but one of my best friends back at home is a boy and I’ve kind of been brought up around boys, so I’m quite comfortable with them. The first thing I actually said to them when I met them was that I was really gassy on the plane. And I think that kinda gave us a nice even level, and we bonded really quickly — with all of them.
Did you read the book before you got the script?
I hadn’t before I heard about the project. Once I started hearing about it, I read the first book, The Maze Runner. I didn’t wanna read the whole trilogy purely because these kids have no memory. They don’t know what’s happened, or what is going to happen, so I thought it’d be best just to stick with the first one and I absolutely loved it.
There hasn’t been a lot of news about the tour quite yet, but these are the tour stops that I have been able to find.
August 28 - Q&A with Dylan, Kaya and Will at the University New World School of the Arts in Miami, Florida [link to contest]
August 28 - Screening of The Maze Runner…
We’ve had a lot of questions about this (10+) and I’m just going to respond at once. I don’t know where the cast will be visiting but I’ll try to be as vigilant as possible on posting contests for screenings etc. 20th Century Fox has opted to not release an official schedule (at least not yet) and I have a few things to say about why.
- It’s a press tour. The key word being press. From what I’ve heard and from the info I’ve gotten from people who have been to the meet & greets and screenings is that it is 98% press. This makes sense to me as this is how it works for the critics to get reviews out ahead of time. This is also to get information out about the movie. And do interviews.
- They’re not public events. You’re not allowed to just show up and do a meet & greet like how usual book cast tours are (i.e. If I Stay, THG) so it might be worse to announce the dates all ahead of time and have to turn people down for the events.
But besides this, there are still things you can do to find out if there’s a screening coming nearby.
- #MazeKeeper - Watch the twitter @mazerunnermovie because they have been doing a little competition on twitter for every meet & greet to give a fan a chance to meet the cast.
- Contests - Some schools/radio stations etc. are having contests/opportunities to get tickets to a screening that the cast will be having a Q&A at.
- AdvanceScreenings.com - Even if you don’t get to see the cast, try and see the movie early! It’ll be great :)
Again, the first part is just my guesses so I don’t know anything for sure and am just a fan like you. We’ll try and be as active as possible on keeping you updated on places we know they’re going and screenings!
Most likely not. Later that day they are scheduled to be in Toronto, so they might not have time to do anything else.